Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday Morning with Addyson

Emma was whining on the stairs early this morning, we don't know how early as we lost our power last night. Mark was kind enough to take her outside while I tried to grab a few more minutes of peaceful sleep. That just isn't going to happen, once the birds are singing, the dog whining and the sky starts to lighten one may as well jump out of bed and start the day. Before exiting the bed my prayer usually starts with: THIS is the DAY that the LORD hath made, I WILL rejoice and be glad in it. No matter what the day brings we must give thanks for a new day. Mark came with me to the farm, someone needed to hold the filly while Samantha was covered, which went well. Samantha stood well and the filly was very well behaved. Mark let her go once Raven was back in his pen and she was SO glad to be outside, she was running and bucking. The storm that came through last night dropped at least 2 inches of rain and the wind gusts took the roof off one of the shelters. Only Valiant was up waiting for grain. After he was fed, the others were called for and they didn't come. If it wasn't for the storm, this would not even be a worry but of course the worst goes through the mind like, what if they were struck by lightning so off across the dam I hike through the mud over the hill and there the other three are grazing just as fine as can be. Once Samantha's stall was cleaned it was home to breakfast. Addyson and Taunya spent the night as Ben is helping at Senior high boys camp this weekend. Addyson loved her pancakes.

Breakfast was cooked with the pan Diane gave me. I saw the pan, I coveted the pan, and Diane gave me the pan. She thought it was too big for her house. It's perfect for mine!
It is huge, heavy duty and makes cooking a breeze. THANKS Diane, that is the best gift I've been given in a long time, one that will be well used.

No comments:

Post a Comment