Thursday, June 10, 2010

Grain

At TSC yesterday 200 pounds of grain were picked up and thrown into the truck as the brakes on the Toyota were getting fixed. Then it was off to Walmart where the fixens for dinner were purchased. Chicken stir fry was on the menue. All of the kids love this meal but it is so much chopping and cooking I don't make it very often. The ingredients cost $57.00 just for that one dish but there are plenty of leftovers. It is such a healthy good meal, too bad the healthy ingredients always cost more than the junk food.
The Toyota's brakes were finished by the time we got back so Sarah dropped me off at Byerlines to pick up the car and once home the grain was taken out of the truck and put into the back of the car. When we arrived at church last night, I asked Mark to lock the doors of the car, just didn't want to lose the 200 pounds of grain. Mark wanted to bet me the grain would be safe in the church parking lot. But what about all those AC farmers coming on Wednesday night, this just might be too tempting. The first person out of her car was Virginia Hoerr and I gave her a suspicious look. So on the way into church I told her about locking the grain up, she started laughing, everyone else coming into the church started laughing right alongside. I guess the car really didn't need to be locked.

No comments:

Post a Comment