Thursday, December 30, 2021

Going to the Dogs

Some of the Christmas lights at mom's were taken down this morning before heading home.  The apartment guests were out petting the horses and since yesterday I showed them how to feed the horses they did it themselves today.  They have an 11 year old horse loving daughter so that was exactly what they wanted to do.  Karin sent me a grocery list for mom's house since I was going to Aldi this morning.  I got there just as they opened and about had the store to myself. It is shocking how much all food is going up in price.  I didn't buy very much and spent over $100.00 and didn't buy any meat or eggs. As soon as I got home I started making the candy for the New Year's Eve party at Joan's tomorrow. I made chocolate covered peanuts and white chocolate covered pretzels. Those were put out on the front porch to cool.

Once cool were put in the containers.
I was cleaning up the kitchen when Mark arrived home. The dogs were glad to see him. 
We seem to be going to the dogs around here.  We took out the dog door as there is a winter storm moving in on the 1st of January with lots of blowing snow.  Both dogs have been very good about letting me know when they want out.
Speaking of dogs yesterday after our dinner at mom's I was taking her to her chair, looked over at the table and there was a very naughty Miss Molly cleaning up mom's bib.
Molly knows she isn't allowed on the table but mom had some remnants of fried chicken in the fold of that bib. That was just too much of a temptation for Molly.  


No comments:

Post a Comment