Friday, December 17, 2021

Sceggel Christmas Party

Mark started a fire in the wood burner around 2:00 am this morning as the warm December turned suddenly to winter.  I over slept not waking until 6:30 am and had to rush to be at mom's by 7:00 am. There aren't a lot of horse chores right now so Mark still got a good cooked breakfast of sausage, eggs and toast.  Mom just wanted bran flakes and Ruth got that ready while I was helping her in the bathroom.  We shortened the walk today, not because of time but my hip has been acting up and I just didn't want to do the hills. When I got back I found Mark's hearing aids on the counter so dropped those off at Meisters before heading to Aldi. Karin sent a list by text for mom's house, Mark sent a message on what he wanted me to pick up and we needed eggs, milk and bread for our house. After the groceries were put away I made some goodies to take to the Sceggel Christmas this evening and finished the laundry.  I spent close to an hour searching on-line for a new jean skirt. The one I've been wearing for the last 10 years is just wearing out.  I'm starting to look like one of those surviving the bear attack memes each time I wear it. I didn't find one but figured on hitting some thrift stores next week. We left at 4:00 pm to head to Rhoda and Lee's in Bloomington. They have the perfect place to hosts the Sceggel family with an indoor pool and a nice big room with an attached kitchen. The kids started out playing pool while the adults got the food ready.

Next was our meal.
Then came the pool fun.



Then we celebrated Ben's birthday. Taunya brought a delicious cake. 
We all sang happy birthday to a slightly embarrassed Ben
The cake was so good that it was worth the effort of singing. 
Finally came the presents!


The video is pretty loud so you may want to turn the sound down before playing it.  Not that the kids are loud or anything.
For Christmas the kids gave me a new jean skirt and a brand new t shirt. As soon as we got home from Bloomington I tried both on and they fit perfectly.  A HUGE thanks kids. I should be good for another 10 years.












No comments:

Post a Comment