Friday, December 3, 2021

Sold and Sold

 We had the 3rd nice day in a row and today was a gift. The warm weather lasted a day more than expected. Mom spent a lot of time out on her deck today.

Ruth mixed up another batch of honey cookies and put it in the fridge. Tomorrow I'm staying with mom so it will be my job to bake them. Today Diane and I went to Sam's club. I needed cat food. The cat food bag was empty and her dish was knocked down. I think we had some marauders show up, those masked nuisances do so much damage.  I bought a 38 pound bag and that is now in a secure garbage can.  I'll check tomorrow to see if the coons are able to get into it. Spark came over to try to figure out my electrical problem for the waterers. 

He ended up calling Phil to ask him to bring his tracer home from the shop. We may have an underground broken wire. Our big news is Jewel's 2021 colt by Evan
and Soul's 2021 filly by Evan were just sold to the same buyer. 
They are going to South Carolina and will be picked up in a month. The deposit was sent by paypal. I had a couple picture memories pop up again. The one below was taken 9 years ago. Valiant is just 2 and a half years old in the picture. Steven had taken him to a clinic in Washington.
We took both boys that day. Evan was a little naughty bucking during the clinic but Valiant was a gentleman. The clinician exclaimed, "your stallions are strangely well behaved!"  They stood quietly in the stalls waiting their turns while other horses were milling about. The other picture is Rhoda and Karin riding on the trails. I remember taking the picture and admiring the reflection in the pond.



No comments:

Post a Comment