Friday, December 24, 2021

60 Degrees on Christmas Eve

 We awoke to a beautiful morning that turned into an even more beautiful day.  I headed out around 7:00 am and discovered Sally in front of Valiant's paddock. She is in season so heavily she couldn't make herself move even when I went to get a halter on her. 

Dancer was also here but Sheena was having a fit still at the cabin field. Both Dancer and Sally were put in with Rockaway so I could head over to help mom get ready for the day.  When Ruth came I was able to take Dancer back over to be with Sheena and grained all the horses.  Sally is 20 years old and has beautiful tall foals with tons of hair when bred to Valiant so we decided to give her one more chance for a beautiful baby and had her covered. She stood very well. We shall see if she conceives. As soon as I cleaned up I drove to Sam's club to pick up things we needed for mom's house and when back started baking cookies. I only frosted a few and will leave the rest for the kids coming tomorrow to help with that.  I have lots of frosting and sprinkles.
Evan's paddock needed a new round bale and Mark had the tractor out moving logs with the bale spear so gave me a hand and brought the bale over.
If you don't believe he was moving logs with the bale spear I have proof.
Ruth wanted to go shopping one more time before Christmas so I headed back to mom's but when I got there she had mom practicing standing up.  
Once Ruth left I stayed with mom until she finished her shopping. When I got back the pumpkin dessert for tomorrow was baked then started supper. Tonight we splurged and had surf and turf, we had grilled ribeye steaks, sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli, salad, crab pieces dipped in butter and a cookie for dessert.
After dinner the pumpkin dessert was taken out of the oven to cool. Not quite half is topped with pecans and the other half is just crumble as a lot of the kids don't like nuts.
It was such a pleasure to be able to work outside without heavy winter coats. I could get used to this nice warm December.





No comments:

Post a Comment