Monday, December 13, 2021

Dreams

 Not a good start to the morning. I took over for Karin at 7:00 am with mom and when helping her up, she collapsed. I had her belt with my right hand at the back and my left arm in front so it was a controlled soft fall but I wasn't strong enough to pick her up myself. I called for Karin who came running and the two of us got her back into the wheel chair.  That really scared me as it was the first time since learning to help mom transfer that this happened. From now on we realized for transfers we would need to have 2 people just in case this would happen again and no more will we have mom walk without someone right behind with the wheel chair. The nurse came today and checked her out. Thank goodness no damage. I couldn't go on the walk as at 7:30 am Mark followed me to Zane's to drop the 2007 Prius off to get the headlight replaced. From there we went to the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail and from there back to the farm. The men were here installing the big doors on the new barn. I went up to take the 2003 truck off the 4 horse trailer but when I needed to move the truck forward it wouldn't start. Mark took the golf cart to mom's to borrow her charger while I hooked the 2015 truck to the 2 horse trailer. Zane's called a couple hours later to tell me the car was finished and I should bring the 2003 truck in but it still wouldn't start. Instead I took them the 2015 truck and trailer to repair the wiring on the trailer.  When I got back the weanlings were brought inside, grained and taken back out. By this time it was after noon so I drove back to mom's. They were finishing up lunch and we all sat out on the deck in the nice warm sunshine.  Fedi came to take mom's car in to Peoria to get the battery checked out. By this time the 2003 truck started so I asked Ruth if she would follow me to Zanes and bring me back.  She wanted to get gas so once I dropped off the truck I started walking to the gas station. I saw her heading to Zanes and I was the ONLY person out by the road and thought I could wave her down except she drove right past. I quickly called her to say I had already started walking and was near Anni and Matt's house. She turned around and started coming back. I walked into the road with my thumb out and as a joke showing some leg and to my shock she got in the middle lane again not seeing me. There was a big semi right behind her and I got a strange look from that driver as I'm trying to get Ruth's attention. Evidently my womanly wiles weren't working well as that truck driver flew right by.  We had a good laugh when I finally got to her car. When we got back I took the picture below of the doors getting installed. They had the biggest door in and one of the 10 x 12's. They should have them finished by tomorrow.

A very nice picture text came in from the man that bought Ayanna's 2016 colt. Check THIS boy out!
This is the same colt at 6 days old.
He sure looks like his sire Evan. Evan really throws the hair gene.  I no longer own Ayanna, she was sold in 2020. I KNOW I need to slow down but confess sometimes those twinges of regret flicker in my heart until I remember my age. The pictures of past foals are quick to remove those twinges as I always knew this job is to make dreams come true for more than me. 







No comments:

Post a Comment