Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Two Leave One Left

 It was just me and the dogs this morning for the walk.  Joan is still gone, Ruth was due a little later and Diane didn't come. 

I didn't walk long and had time to stop at Sam's club to buy more of steaks, mushrooms, sweet potatoes and lettuce for our Christmas dinner. It was plenty cold to leave them in the car while I worked at Bereans. If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. I was on the way home when the phone rang. I couldn't answer it as I was still driving so when I reached the Hanna City post office to drop off the Bibles I called the number back. It was the owner of the two foals leaving today. He wanted to tell me the transport company said they were just 2 hours away about an hour earlier.  I had to rush home but even before getting into the house the phone rang again and it was the transport company telling me they were about 20 minutes away.  I quickly changed out of my t shirt and new jean skirt the kids gave me and rushed up to the barn to put halters on the weanlings leaving.  They were brought into a stall to wait for the truck and trailer.
Sterling is in the green halter and Morgana is in the red halter.
It wasn't long before their transportation arrived. They were given that nice big box stall in the middle of the trailer.
Now I just had to convince the weanlings it was fine to walk on a ramp.  Sterling was a little afraid so I took Morgana first, she walked straight up without any hesitation. When Sterling saw her walk in he was quick to follow.  The ramp was closed and I walked out the side door into the tack room but stopped to take a picture of them before leaving the trailer.
Rockaway was sad to see them leave. He called for a bit then settled down to eat hay. IF anyone is interested in him he really is a good boy. He will be very tall as Valiant is his sire and Lola is a big mare. He will also be easy to train. He stands tied, leads and loads and he doesn't kick. 
If interested he is for sale for just $4000.00. He is registered with FHHI papers are in hand and he has a current coggins. I'll be moving him into the middle paddock tomorrow, that way he will be able to see both of the stallions and won't be so alone. Ruth decided we needed to figure out a way to get mom down the basement if we get another tornado warning.  She decided to try the wheel chair outside going down to the beach. She sat in it and I tried to take it down and we did ok for the first two steps but the third step was steeper and also at a turn, the wheel chair started tipping, Ruth started yelling and I started laughing as she was trying to get out but couldn't. I couldn't get the wheelchair upright until we finished going down the step. We were both exhausted and was just hoping Karin wasn't watching taking pictures. At the end we decided IF it had to be done there would be a way but ONLY if there were two strong persons working together. There is a lady selling fresh eggs between Trivoli and Hanna City. She contacted me about buying some but I only had a dollar on me.  I drove over to mom's and borrowed $4.00 but right about then Mark got home and had a five on him so I grabbed that and drove to pick up the eggs then returned mom's $4.00 when I got back. Tonight for dinner we had an omelet. Not just any omelet this one was loaded with sausage, mushrooms, onion, peppers, spinach and cheese. I made a 6 egg omelet and put a 3rd away for Mark's breakfast tomorrow. It was delicious! Nothing like eggs laid this morning from free range chickens.







No comments:

Post a Comment