Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Tim's Funeral

At 2:00 am I fell out of bed. Crazy! I was in such a deep sleep that when I hit the floor my head was up against the door. I'm feeling the door and thinking it is a dresser and trying to figure out where I am. We don't have a dresser in our bedroom, it is much to small to fit any furniture other than the bed. The fall woke Mark and when I didn't scramble up right away he panicked a bit asking, "are you ok?" Right about then I realized it was the door I was up against and did scramble up exclaiming, "I'm fine". That is the first time that's happened. At 2:30 am my phone went off twice. That meant I needed to jump up to see if there was an emergency. The people staying in the camper had no electricity.  I got dressed, grabbed a couple lanterns and took the golf cart up to the outdoor arena. The GFI breaker was not working on the light pole. That meant I needed to find extra extension cords to get the guests electricity from the barn. I took the golf cart over to Joan's and grabbed an extension cord out of the Wolf Pup and the Keystone. Joan had LOTS of company spending the night. Her entire parking lot was full of cars and campers. When I got back to the camp site in the outdoor arena I had just enough cords to get the electricity up and running and finally crawled back into bed a little after 3:00 am. At 5:00 am I  heard the coffee dripping. I wasn't sore at all from falling out of bed and thought I must have dreamed that happened. It wasn't a dream, Mark confirmed it. Before leaving for the funeral we googled the Eureka Faith Apostolic Christian church and was given the address of 662 County Road 1800 E EurekaIL 61530. We picked up mom, started the gps and that took us to the middle of nowhere. Thankful for cell phones. I called the church and they gave us the real address of 662 County Road 1575.  Matt and Anni got into a crazy traffic jam and this is out in the country. 

All of us were still in plenty of time. After the funeral, the entire congregation filed up to the front and viewed Tim and the casket one last time. We were all ushered out except the immediate family who said their goodbyes one last time, the casket was closed and taken out to the waiting hearse with the rest of us following until the pall bearers placed the casket in the hearse. Then we were all ushered back into the sanctuary then taken into the lunchroom for the lunch. That was exactly like our funeral dinners. Fried chicken, green beans, party potatoes, salad, fresh fruit and rolls. At 1:00 pm the group left for the Peoria AC cemetery. Mark and I headed home as a booking came in for today and we had a lot of clean up from the group that left this morning.  I was busy cleaning when a man from Prospect Florist knocked on the apartment door asking for me.  The people buying Tatiana's filly sent a beautiful bouquet of flowers with this note:  OUR DEEPEST SYMPATHY AND PRAYERS FOR YOUR FAMILY. SINCERELY JAMIE, VICTOR AND SOFIA. Sofia is what they named Tatiana's filly.  

That was totally unexpected but really beautiful.  All of the laundry from the apartment was taken down to the house and started as I knew I would not have time to get it done before the next guest arrived. I'm really thankful Anna has a complete extra set of linens for each bed and more towels. After the apartment was ready for our next guests I sat down on a recliner, reclined it and fell fast asleep. It was really hard to wake up to change the laundry machines. Mark went out and changed the GFI outlet on the light pole and got that working.  We worked together cleaning up the camp site. Mark took down the fire pit moving the blocks to the outside of the arena while I took the extension cords back to Joan's putting them in the trailers I took them out of.  I am just now waiting for the last load of laundry to finish washing and will head to bed as soon as that last load is in the dryer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment