Thursday, September 9, 2021

Moving Bales

 Right after the walk I went to work moving the bales baled yesterday. Even when Karin showed up with Faith, Berlica, Joshua, William and Daisy I didn't stop. Well I stopped long enough to take the picture below from the skid steer with a bale on board.

The next time one of the bales were stacked in the barn the riders were in the barn tacking up Valiant. I gave Faith my phone to take pictures so I could keep working and the pictures below were taken either by her or Karin as they played with Valiant.










The last bale was moved into the barn around 1:30 pm. By this time I was feeling pretty nauseated from being bounced around in the skid steer for so many hours. I didn't feel like eating lunch. Instead I put the bucket on the skid steer and cleaned up the manure pile then decided to start the weaning process of the 3 foals here to be weaned. Lola and her colt were brought in first then Soul and her filly. When Jury was brought out of the paddock she went right over to Valiant and showed. She must have lost her pregnancy. She was taken over to the breeding stand and covered. She and Indy can have their 2022 foals at the same time as Indy was covered yesterday.  I was going to take the 3 mares out to Middle Grove but instead since Jury can't go out will just take Lola and Soul out tomorrow. Lola and Soul were put in the field while their foals were left in the stall together. I just checked on them and they both drank out of the bucket of water I offered and are eating hay and grain. Once those mares are at Middle Grove they will be put in a paddock with the other 2 weanlings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment