Friday, September 24, 2021

More Progress

 I left the house this morning around 4:30 am and slipped into mom's hospital room around 5:00 am. Ruth and mom were both sound asleep and stayed that way for a while.  Ruth was surprised to see me when she woke up.  The nurse came in to take mom's vitals, mom awoke and said very clearly, "I would like an egg over easy on toast with a glass of orange juice."  Well that wasn't going to happen but as soon as possible, which is 6:30 am, we ordered breakfast of a banana, yogurt, cream of wheat, orange juice and coffee. Of course the banana was pureed, the yogurt was sugar free and fat free and we didn't think to serve that, the orange juice and coffee were both thickened but mom still enjoyed them. She ate all of the banana and about a 4th of the cream of wheat.  She was able to scoop it up with her spoon and take the spoon to her mouth all by herself. Right after breakfast the OT came in and started therapy. Mom did amazing with that, sitting up and balancing.The OT asked mom if she would like to finish up by sitting in the chair and mom said yes. We used the lift to get mom into the chair, the OT got ready to leave and the PT walked into the room. He went right to work having mom stand twice, putting her back on the bed then back on the chair. By the time he was done Aunt Jinnie and Beth were walking through the door. All of that activity and mom wasn't completely worn out. I had to leave but Beth reported mom and Aunt Jinnie were sitting together visiting about their past shared vacations. Such good times those were. Mom was approved for in hospital therapy and will start that tomorrow. She was given a new room and moved into that late this afternoon. Ruth went to spend the night again and had 2 different nurses tell her that mom was really lucky to get this last room in the rehab.  Thank YOU Father! When I got home I went right out to the barn. The first job on the list was to tease Whiskey who was not at all interested in Evan.  

Her owner was given the good news. The next job was to move the trailer into the indoor arena then move the two weanlings into the indoor for them to practice self loading.  This has been the easiest way to teach the young ones to step up all by themselves.  I took a few pictures for their owners. The weanling with the lead rope attached is Jury's colt by Valiant named King.


Morgana (Soul's filly by Evan) was first to walk into the trailer. She actually followed me right into the trailer the first time I stepped in but I couldn't get a good picture so I was glad when she went back in after I got out.
I took the video below when King was stepping in.

Once they were relaxed and going in and out I left them to clean the stalls and the barn up. They were left inside for the night, or so I thought.  The cabin horses needed to be de-wormed.  Dancer got a tube of Quest Plus but spit most of it out. I will have to redo her later. Lola and Oksana were dewormed with Safeguard. Mark got home and brought a couple envelopes from the Friesian Heritage Horse registry which held the papers for 5 of the weanlings. I'm still waiting on the last 7 and hopefully those papers get here before the foals start leaving for their new home. This evening our apartment guests came down to the house to tell me there were 2 horses out. Those weanlings who were supposed to be locked in the indoor arena got out the back door of the barn which had not been latched.  They came right to me so were put in the paddock with the rest of the horses.  I'm heading to bed in a few minutes as I need to be back at the hospital by 5:00 am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment