Saturday, September 25, 2021

Not So Good

 Today I didn't leave the house until 4:20 am BUT I felt much more tired as my phone went off at 11:00 pm someone wanting to come on Sunday to see Irish's colt. That person sent 2 texts. I had to leave my phone on and by our bed and once I woke up I didn't get back into a deep sleep. Finally around 3:00 got up, started the coffee and downed a couple cups before getting ready. Ruth was already up and sitting on the chair waiting for me at 5:00 am. We visited a bit before she left to pick up Steven and head to Rochester, MN to pick up Fedi.  At 7:00 am the OT came, mom was hard to wake up and really not responding well. I explained to the OT that yesterday was exceptional so we thought maybe mom was just worn out. Well we got her bathed, dressed, and used the lift to get her into a wheel chair but it wasn't easy as mom really could not wake up enough to help. Breakfast arrived but we didn't offer it until the OT was finished. Mom was just too tired to hold the spoon today. I noticed the IV had been discontinued so was trying to push liquids but she only took a few sips of the thickened orange juice and a few sips of thickened milk. She was able to east the small bowl of ground  up peaches and  a few bites of yogurt before asking to quit. She slept in the wheel chair the rest of the time. When Diane and Aunt Jinnie arrived I was just getting a blanket on her as it felt cool in the room.  I left but shortly after leaving Kathy Huthmann arrived with Nancy to see mom.  After the visit Kathy took Nancy out to eat and shared the picture below. The first is when she put the glasses on herself and the second is when Kathy helped her.

Today I HAD to go shopping, the  horses were almost out of grain and we were pretty much out of everything as far as groceries here. I drove to Pekin and visited the store previously known as Big R, then Stock and Field and now called R & P. I was really shocked at the price of grain. The 12% country companion I had been buying for $8.00 a bag are now $15.00 a bag. When questioned the price was told everything is going up. That may be but this a crazy amount higher and to think we live in Illinois and harvest this year will be and already is a bumper crop. I bought all they had which was just 9 bags. There were lots of empty shelves and empty spaces at that store, almost like we are living in a communist country. From there I drove to Aldi for groceries. I decided to serve crock pot lasagna, salad and French bread for supper tomorrow along with pumpkin dump cake and ice cream for dessert.  While shopping we got the message that mom was not doing well, she could not wake up for the speech therapist and had no real food or drink since breakfast.  The nurse went to find the doctor to tell him her patient is tanking and must be started back on IV's this took a few hours to get accomplished but after having the fluids pumped in mom woke up. Sure hope tomorrow is a better day for her.  The family that bought Jewel's filly by Evan 5 years ago sent the two pictures and video below. The filly's name is Crown Riata HM. She is competing in her first rated show at first level;

They ended up with a 70% score.
They are very pleased with her and I see why. Jewel and Evan really do produce wonderful trainable sweet horses with great movement.  When I got back with the grain Mark helped unload it. I could have done it myself there was only 450 pounds instead of the 700 pounds I usually buy at a time. 
Diane sent the message that mom was not doing well, she could not wake up and was not able to do the speech therapy at all. At that point they realized she was not getting any fluids by IV and had not eaten or drank anything since breakfast. The nurse called the doctor and the doctor didn't come for a few more hours. Mom could not wake up but after the fluids were running for a while mom woke up and started talking. Hopefully her problem today was just dehydration and tomorrow she will be like she was yesterday.  After the groceries were put away and supper cooked the laundry was finished I went out to tease Whiskey. She is still saying no so I sent a text to her owner. I'm heading to bed now even though it is only 6:30 pm and will turn my phone off. If anyone needs to reach me call Mark he can wake me up but it better be important.

No comments:

Post a Comment