Friday, September 10, 2021

Indy Out

 Karin took this yesterday. After working with Valiant they brought Evan out. This is Faith and her niece Daisy.  I'm so glad we have quiet, sweet, obedient and of course GORGEOUS stallions. Yes Evan is a stallion.

After the walk I finished moving wood in the fire pit plus a more logs for later, put out the chairs, the camping rug, brought 2 tables over to the camper and put up the awning.
I got the charcoal grill out and cleaned that up and brought over a bag o f charcoal. Mark did a little more weed whacking around the arena and finally I made sure the apartment was ready for guests.
I needed to move a new bale in for the middle paddock so the horses in their were locked in the pond pasture until that could be done. Indy was teased and said no with a squeal and a kick so I marked her out.  Jury is still in and will need to be covered tomorrow morning. I thought the guests were coming in around 10:00 am but they didn't arrive until the afternoon. I noticed a car driving up to the new barn and at first thought it might be the inspector, then thought it may just be my guests. I took the golf cart over to welcome them but it turned out to be David Sauder. I think he was checking out how much more we need to do before starting the plumbing.  Mom asked me to come help move some boxes in her car for the clothing drive but when I got there Karin had already done the job. By this time mom was in making lunch and came out on the deck bringing lunch to her oldest daughter and youngest daughter who just happened to be lazing around on her deck.
Yep, my 89 year old mom was serving us.  She picked the eggplant out of her garden then made eggplant parmesan cheese covered with melted mozzarella cheese. 
It was DELICIOUS! The guests coming in today are from Alaska. They arrived and were happy with the accommodations and after traveling all day were glad to just spend the evening around the fire pit. The stars will be brilliant tonight. The two weanlings in the stall have stopped calling are eating grain, hay and drinking their water well. No spilled buckets today. If I take their dam's out to Middle Grove tomorrow they can be put in the paddock with Indy, Jury and their two foals.  The stall can be stripped at that point.










No comments:

Post a Comment