Monday, August 10, 2015

My Oh My!

Right after the walk I left for Middle Grove to pick up mares. Karin held dress rehearsal here for the vaulting show coming up on Saturday and there was a big group. No pictures though, don't want to spoil the show. Emily stayed back at the farm to work on the electric fence, getting it hooked back up so the foals would quit running under and through it. We had probably close to an inch of rain here on Sunday so I thought I'd be parking out on the road and walking the long mile driveway in to the pasture but when I arrived the drive looked passable. The horses were no where in sight and I guessed wrong, thinking they would be down in the woods at what we call the swampy area but they weren't. I had to make the entire loop of the 80 acres to find them up on the hill under some trees. Lily and Jenis were haltered and led back to the gate with the entire herd following. These 2 are the lead mares of the herd. Once Lily, her colt and Jenis were loaded in the front of the stock trailer, Jewel was haltered and led out of the gate with her colt. I was very pleased with both of the colts today they both jumped right in the trailer. When I arrived back vaulting was over and Funday Monday was in full swing. Emily had just finished stringing the electric fence. She had a helper today, Ella has been coming on Mondays to help with the horses. Ella and Emily helped unload the mares and foals from the trailer and led them to the stalls. We got busy and removed burrs from their manes and tails. They weren't loaded with burrs but enough that we don't want any dropped around here. The 2 colts were excellent for this. Lily's colt had one stuck in his ear and he stood quietly while the burr was removed. Anna arrived with the girls so they could join in Funday Monday but before we headed over to Rachel's Jewel was teased and covered by Evan.  Tomorrow I hope to get some updated pictures and videos of these colts both are quite handsome.
David arrived with Israel and they came to Rachel's too for a little while until Israel told us he wanted to go "night night". That kid lets us know when he wants a nap! David took the golf cart over to the apartment but soon came back to report Jewel's colt was outside of the paddock. When we arrived back to put the colt away the farmer had arrived to mow the field which meant all the electric fence Emily spent all morning stringing had to come down. David helped with that while Israel was napping. Below are a few pictures of the day.



 Rachel has a scary  alligator floating around near the beach.
 Even the dogs have fun on Funday Monday.
 Around 4:00 pm the party started winding down. We took the golf cart over to the fields on the way home to see the farmer cutting the hay. 

David, Israel, Phil, Anna, Austin, Braelyn, Taegan and Kensley joined us for dinner. Phil and Anna went back to work on their house while Austin and I decided to go to the shop to pick up the pallet of Bibles and haul them to the Berean office. Before I left I called Wayne Unsicker to make sure it would be ok to come today when he told me Tim Martin had already delivered 2 skids today. We have plenty waiting to go out tomorrow. Hope I can get them all in my little car as Diane is still in Gulf Shores. Mark, Israel and I went on a long golf cart ride this evening to check out the hay fields and play a bit on the playground. Grandkids are so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment