Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Old School Center News

Update on the Old School Center in Farmington
Dan writes:
We have lost much, we have gained much more.
first, a quick building update. The damaged unsafe parts are gone,, a new roof is being constructed over what remains. Hopefully we can somehow finish before the funds dry up completely. The additions that were unaffected by fire or water damaged are starting to rent as commercial or residential space. 
In this unbelievable chapter of our lives, of picking up what ever pieces we can and throwing away a career, dreams, a lifestyle, to move on into the yet unknown, there are 3 truths that will fundamentally change me forever.
1. We are hated.. the bully, the enemy, hates us with a passion that we can not fathom.. There is nothing in his essence that wants good for us... as inferior beings that will occupy a seat at Gods table, his contempt for us is unimaginable. I never understood this until this year. He is a LIAR and a THIEF and in his rebellion against The Father, he attacks the children.
In my recent history there was a time the enemy would bring to my memory everything wicked deed in my past. Horribly accurate things that would have me cringing. How could God love me?.. forgive me..? there was no denying, just a broken admission of guilt and a pleading cry for forgiveness.
2. WE ARE LOVED, with an everlasting love, far beyond comprehension, beyond imagination!, the tenderness, the compassion, the affection!. To orchestrate events from long ago just to show how He cares for every hair on our head.. My offenses though great, are paid for, my shame covered with a robe of righteousness not my own. Not even my best deeds could atone and my best day is complete darkness compared to the radiance of the robe we are given.. I cant be specific in this forum but I have seen divine intervention in answered prayers and even for unasked solutions to problems I thought were to big for God to solve. and with tenderness He places a cherry on top to destroy doubt.
3. Nothing happens without Gods permission. It is completely wrong to think that God has to put out the enemy's fires, to do damage control. The enemy has to petition the throne, to shudder at the holy presence, to ask before he is given any permission to assault the bride.. Was God asleep when the cross happened? or was it the point of the best story ever? He allowed the murderous death of Jesus to happen and the victory of evil is now conquered. Where is your sting death? where is your victory grave? Nothing happens that God did not allow
God allows bad things to happen and the answer why is always the same.. FOR HIS GLORY..
To go forward into unknown, real problems, concerns, financial trouble, but with peace in knowing... because greater is HE that is in us than he that is in the world,, We have lost much, we have gained much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment