Thursday, March 14, 2013

Temper Temper

Not the dogs, not the horses but my temper needs to be tempered with love and understanding of which there was none of that around here this morning until my eyes were opened thankfully by sisters in the flesh and in Christ. Just a bit of history, yesterday I spent the day sticking the thermometer up so many back ends of horses it wasn't funny. Killian looked and acted so bad I took his temperature 3 times not believing when the thermometer read normal. Cleaning stalls, scrubbing buckets, replacing bedding pellets, hauling in hay and worry seemed to eat away the hours and not pleasantly. This morning as I am stumbling out of bed to grab a cup of coffee Mark informs me the skid steer will be hauled in for general maintenance today. Now instead of being grateful my husband is taking such good care of this very important piece of equipment, I lose my temper, raise my voice to say, "I needed warning on that, we need to move in a round bale NOW and get others down and ready for the tractor."  The clothes were thrown on and out I stomped to feed the stalled horses and get the weanling paddock ready. Jacob arrives with the truck to haul the skid steer away before Mark had made it to the barn. Jacob was told he would have to wait, Mark moved in a bale and I left on the walk still fuming. After the first half of a round of of the walk, listening to my sisters and the Holy Spirit, my anger was crumbling by the end of the first round I knew who was really in the wrong and needed to apologize. Thankfully Mark hadn't left for work yet.
After finishing the walk it was back to work to finish cleaning stalls. Lily and Rosalie were moved outside. Rosalie was such a worry the day before as she just didn't seem right but today she was running around playing then grabbed a quick snack at the milk bar before pawing Lily's hay into a bed and flopping down. The phone was taken out for a quick picture. Below she is nibbling on the hay as she is resting.
All of the horses were standing at the bales eating while Helen and Olympia, who are stilled stalled, were anxiously waiting for their grain. Today neither filly wanted that thermometer stuck in where the sun don't shine. They must be feeling better! I'll have to wait to take their temperature for when someone shows up to hold them. They were left inside the stalls stripped, new bedding applied, water buckets scrubbed and finally it was time for my breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment