I didn't get home until 2:30 pm. Dan followed me into the driveway and he had Diesel his Great Dane with him. Poor Diesel is not feeling well but Dan reported he has gained a couple pounds back since he is on the medicine for Blasto.
The shipper for Briana was suppose to arrive this evening so Emily and I decided we had better practice loading with her.
A neat email came in today from the lady that lost out on Jewel's filly by Evan this year. She writes: Hello Judy--
I see that your babies are selling! Congratulations.
I wonder if you are planning to breed Jewel back to Evan for next year? and if so, I am interested in reserving the foal or giving you a deposit for the future foal? Is this something you have done in the past?
I have been looking high and low, and the more I look, the better my eye becomes, and I truly love the babies that combination has produced! and I terribly regret that I didnt recognize jewel's filly from the start.
anyway, please let me know If I may reserve Jewel's 2017 baby, and I will send you a deposit.
thanks so much!
We do not reserve in-utero but she was emailed back to let her know she is first on the list. Jewel was bred back to Evan and is due July 15th, 2017, she usually delivers 3 weeks early and as soon as she does and we know the foal is healthy she will have first choice then to put down a deposit or not. Below are 3 of Jewel's fancy foals by Evan.
They aren't just beautiful their movement is truly amazing. We had the opportunity to sell Jewel as a foal for $7500.00 but just couldn't do it. She is the last foal out of our Thoroughbred mare Grace and by Raven. Of course she is a lifer here along with about 20-30 more. And people say..."don't get attached to the inventory."