Tuesday, May 30, 2023

No Pictures

Thankfully Jewel passed the placenta during the night. That was taken out and buried before the walk. Today is the first day with no pain medicine other than a Tylenol as the hip surgery is scheduled in exactly one week. My first doctor appointment today was scheduled for 8:45 am. That meant I needed to leave here around 8:10 am so we quit the walk a little early. At 8:00 Hoerr vet office was called to make an appointment to have 3 ultrasound scheduled. Dancer, Rosalie and Tatiana are now far enough along we should be able to confirm pregnancy and if not pregnant they should be almost ready to be bred. Dr. Hoerr will come tomorrow sometime to get this done.  Diane was with mom today with Joan on call. My phone started going off about 8:30 am but I was driving so didn't answer. By the time I made it to the doctor's office there were two voicemails. The first was to tell me the doctors appointment at 8:45 am was cancelled as the doctor was not able to make it in, the second voicemail was to come anyway and Dr. Bevill will take me. I only had to wait about an hour. The all clear was given to have the surgery. Since the doctor's office is close to Sam's club that was my next stop buying a lot of the food for our family canoe trip to Current River June 1st. I drove straight to Joan's house, she helped pack all the food purchased into the camper fridge and cupboards. On the way home from there I stopped at the 5th wheel to grab the sheets and put those in the washer. It is rented again tomorrow. I left then for the next appointment at Midwest Orthopedics and this one was to learn how to use a walker after surgery and the do's and don'ts. I really thought this would be a waste of time but things are different from the last hip replacement 11 years ago so it was a good thing. On the way there I happened to notice the outside thermometer on the car was reading 91 degrees. I had no idea it was that hot outside. As Joan was on call, she was called to ask if she would bring Jewel and her colt and Madiera and her colt into the stall barn to get them out of the heat. Thankfully she was willing and had help and got all 4 safe inside. After Midwest I drove to the Aldi on University to buy the rest of the food for the trip.  The 50 amp to 30 amp adapter arrived and that was taken over to the 5th wheel and that was plugged in. The 5th wheel had POWER! The power awning was put out, it works great and looks new. The airconditioner was turned on and that worked also. The fridge was also turned on and will be checked later.  When Mark got home with the mail there were notices of two packages at the Hanna City post office I drove there and made it just before it closed at 4:30 pm to pick up those packages. Those were some of the bedding for the 5th wheel,  the sheets are supposed to come tomorrow and then the Wildcat will be ready to post on Airbnb. After supper Mark helped move a bale in for Valiant, then we took the truck over to Joan's to pick up the camper we are hauling to Current River. Once that was done it was cooler and the far paddock had a lot of shade so the mares and foals were turned out.  Madiera's colt did not want to go into the short shelter paddock so Madiera was put in with Jewel and Marilyn helped get the colt in that paddock. Both mares were actually glad to be together again. Jewel went up to eat off the round bale first, then moved off for Madiera to have a turn. I didn't think to take my phone with me while everything was happening so no pictures today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment