Monday, May 22, 2023

Need the Rest

On the walk this morning we just had to admire the stock trailer.  IT really does look brand new. 

We are so happy to have it fixed. Mike used it last night to take 3 of the horses out to Middle Grove. Diane said she hated to see those 3 horses mess it up and of course all 3 had to leave a good size deposit of fresh horse manure. We had to laugh at Diane worrying about that.
Right after the walk I left for the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail. From there to Sam's club where a cheese cake and fresh blueberries were picked up for tomorrow's treat. I also picked up 4 of their rotisserie chickens. One for Joan, one for Ruth, one for Rhonda and one for me. The mail and the treat were dropped off at the Berean office.  My next stop was to drop off Ruth's chicken and pick up a walker.  Ruth thought she had one to lend but it was not the right kind. Thankfully she has a neighbor named Annette who has anything needed and Annette lent me the walker. I took the picture of Ruth and Annette after they started walking away.
The other two chickens were dropped off. My next job turned out to be the worst job ever. The couple that were in the 5th wheel for 2 nights left and the next couple wanted to be in by noon.  I went first to empty the tanks and that is when I discovered the problem. The toilet was plugged. It was my fault I had run out of RV toilet paper and didn't think giving the renters regular tp would cause a problem but was I ever wrong. I worked for over an hour to get it unplugged.  Using different tools including the water jet nozzle on the hose and thankfully that worked. The rest of the 5th wheel wasn't hard to clean and I finished at 12:20 pm. Just 20 minutes later than promised but that turned out to be ok as they went first to grab some food. I spent a long time cleaning up. Right then and there I sat down and ordered a huge case of RV toilet paper. Never never never will I run out again. Thankfully I had 2 rolls left from our last trip and that was taken out to the 5th wheel. This couple is staying tonight, the next couple move in tomorrow and stay for 2 nights then the 5th wheel has 1 day not booked before the people from Arizona are coming in for 4 nights. Mark got home and was pleased his solar lights had arrived.

He bought these as so many of our guests turn left instead of going straight up the hill and then they get lost looking for the barns.  The airbnb instructions given the day before say, When you turn into the drive go straight up the hill past the little white house on the left and back to the two barns.  I'm not sure how much clearer those can be but we still get people driving around looking for the barns.  Mark thinks once the solar lights are placed we can tell guests coming in to follow the lights.  Jewel and Madiera's udders were checked this afternoon but neither are showing any signs of filling. I'm glad, I need the rest. AC Central was put on and I was pleased to see that Jeff Waibel spoke in Leo Sunday This message was on suffering. IF you want to watch and listen click HERE. Two updated pictures were posted today, one is a yearling owned by Wendy. She bred her chestnut mare to Evan and just look at how beautiful this yearling turned out. 
The other updated pictures are from Brandy who owns Onyx, Lily's 2021 filly. Onyx's sire is Valiant.

Yep, our stallions out produce themselves. Both are gorgeous!




No comments:

Post a Comment