Monday, October 11, 2021

Storms and Warnings

 Mom had a good night's sleep from 11:00 pm on. She is improving each day. Today Ruth was working with her and posted this: 

This is a HUGE improvement. At the hospital she wasn't able to move her left leg at all. She really is determined to walk again. I spent the morning moving bales to make room for the campers in the indoor arena. 
I stopped just once when my airbnb guests walked out of the apartment from the back door and had their great Dane with them. I climbed off the tractor and asked if I could pet their 'pony'.  Of course they laughed. Their dog was 7 years old and very well behaved. A storm had moved in this morning and the entire time I was moving bales the rain was pounding down so loud I thought the tractor was making a weird noise. I quit around noon, changed out of the filthy clothes ran over to mom's as the nurse was there. She had nothing but good to say about mom's progress and also had some good ideas for later. Rebekah and Brian's family arrived as the nurse was leaving. her children sang for mom.
A little later Molly's family came over and the sun came out for a few minutes so we all made our way out on the deck.
I left to finish the barn. When Mark came home we got ready to head over to Joan's with the skid steer to bring home the trailers but just then the tornado warming sounded. It was cancelled shortly after so we went anyway. It was just sprinkling at the time but by the time we got the first trailer into the barn the rain was coming down in sheets. Mark and I got stuck in the barn waiting for it to slow down enough to make a run for the house. We lost electricity for a short time. When this storm passed I took the skid steer back over to Joan's to pick up another trailer. The Wolf Pup is going out for another 2 weekends so that one was left at Joan's. The insurance company was called on the other 2021 to see about filing a claim. That was filed but oh my did they ever make a big deal about it. Because of Jace's 2 staples they wanted Stephanie's phone number and address as she was the driver, Ben and Taunya's phone number and address as they are Jace's parents and wanted to know who owned the golf cart (me), what year and model (I didn't know) where the accident happened (on the driveway by the barn) and did I warn Stephanie of anything (nope). I explained, "She is in her 30s and has been driving since she was 16, she is a safe driver and has driving the golf cart plenty of times. " Poor Stephanie, I hope they don't bother her. Taunya sent a MarcoPolo showing Jace's 2 staples. He was fine! The last job of the day was to feed and water the stalled weanlings and move another bale in the stall area for tomorrow morning. As today as a holiday I couldn't pick up the Berean mail so will need to leave here around 7:00 am to pick that up tomorrow and still have time to get back here to pick up Aunt Jinnie so we can arrive before the 9:00 am starting time.


No comments:

Post a Comment