Friday, October 15, 2021

I'm Telling

 This morning Onyx was taken first to the indoor arena then the other 2,  Sofia and Quiet Dreamer were taken together. All three were let loose inside. 

Grain was put in both of the buckets in the trailer and soon all 3 were going in and out. While they were out of their stalls I was able to strip them and put down new bedding. These 3 were left inside most of the day. 

The other 4 weanlings were out in the pond pasture grazing near the fence so Valiant came up to greet them. Just check out how green everything is and this is now the middle of October.
These four are Kincade, Morgana, Dahlia and Rockaway.
Soon the sun went away and the rain moved in and brought the cold. It went from a nice warm day to a cold chilly feeling like November afternoon.  After finishing the stalls I drove to Diane's office to do two months of balancing the horsemeister check book then to Sam's club to pick up food for the Sunday meal. Mom was having a pretty good day. She didn't have a good night's sleep but is for sure stronger and having little improvements in left leg and arm movements each day. No new videos of her progress but Ruth had her practiced standing and was able to stay up for 12 seconds then sat on the side of the bed and kept herself balanced for over a minute. Small but important steps. The goal is to get her strong enough for a trip to Gulf Shores this winter. My new aibnb guests arrived when I was on duty so I asked Aunt Jinnie if she could stay with mom while I introduced them to the horses (they have a horse loving daughter) When I got back mom was getting ready to eat some squash soup for supper. She finished the bowl then asked to be put back in the bed. I was doing that when Rachel walked in. Once mom was set I said good by and mom reported, "but you just got here."  She told on me for leaving those few minutes! The nurse and the aid came today and I was here for both of them. Spark and Rhonda stopped in and I was here then, John and Beth  stopped in and I was here so it really was pretty funny. 




No comments:

Post a Comment