Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Good Records

 This morning was Berean day so the dessert was put in the car before heading over to mom's to relieve Joan. Mom didn't have the best night last night but had a good day today.  Anna arrived early and went right to work. It is wonderful to have so many experienced help in this family. She knew exactly what needed to be done. I left at 8:00 knowing mom was in good hands.  We had a very uplifting day at the Berean office. If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. I dropped the Bibles off at the Bartonville post office and made it back to mom's right at noon. Karin, Anna and mom were out on the deck enjoying the sunshine.  A chicken pot pie was put in the oven for our lunch and while that was cooking I heard all about mom's very busy morning.  Joan, Faith and Hannah stopped in this afternoon. Hannah wanted to sign up to help with mom's care and gave me some good ideas for later. Rhoda stopped in, she is coming next Tuesday evening to stay with grandma but this Tuesday she brought cinnamon rolls she baked along with a fruit bowl.  This evening Rachel and Jessica came. Jessica to do more stretching therapy on mom's left arm and Rachel brought over a venison stew for dinner. She is staying with mom this evening until Joan arrives for the night. Once Rachel and Jessica arrived Rhoda and I headed over to our house. She stayed and visited for a while before heading home. I had an interesting text come through this afternoon. This is exactly as written: Hello I purchased a horse from you 7 years ago and lost the paperwork and want to get it back maybe u can help me find.   Well I wasn't going to be able to help with that amount of information. We have sold a LOT of horses in that amount of time.  I asked what the name of the horse was and the answer came back pretty quickly  Promise HM. I remembered her. I named her as I saw such promise in that filly. Below she is pictured about 2 weeks old, she had been playing near a puddle and had to stick her nose in the mud. I laughed as I took the picture. I thought she was beautiful.

The next picture was taken at 3 weeks old. She already showed amazing movement.
The picture below is shortly before she left for her new home.
Her conformation, the way she carried herself and her disposition were all just about perfect.  She was sold to a man who bred her to a gorgeous Andalusian stallion and this is one of her offspring at 2 years of age.

This 2 year old is 75% Andalusian and 25% Friesian so is considered a Warlander and I understand why they would want to register this horse. I contacted the registry and hope they will respond soon. It really IS important to keep good records. 




No comments:

Post a Comment