Sunday, October 24, 2021

So MUCH Rain

 Rain was promised and the rain came starting early morning (Mark thought about 1:00 am but it has been pouring pretty much all day today with very few breaks.  Mom was ready to get up around 7:00 am and watched the rain slamming down on her deck as she was waiting for breakfast. Amy Koch came to relieve me at 8:30 am so I could get ready for church. We had a blessed day in church. Mike Kaisner had the morning service and spoke on the wise man and the foolish man building their houses. We all know the story and song. David had the afternoon message on Psalm 47. 

After church the rain was still pounding down. It was so wet here that the kids decided not to come for dinner.  Mark and I ate alone. I headed over to mom's at 5:00 pm and got soaked just running from the car to mom's garage and I was parked close to the door.  There was a big group at mom's. Faith and Berlica were there, Karin was there, Dad and Susan came and Rebekah and Brian and their 3 munchkins came. Everyone left around 6:30 pm. Mom decided it was so dark she must need to go to bed but once in bed just couldn't get comfortable. She rang the bell at 7:00 pm and then apologized for waking me up in the middle of the night. I explained it was ONLY 7:00 pm and I wasn't sleeping. We tried different positions, then she decided she needed to sit up and was able to sit with assistance on the side of the bed for about 10 minutes. Finally around 8:35 pm she decided it was time to try to sleep again. She was given 2 Aleve pm pills at 8:40 pm and by 9:10 was sound asleep. Joan arrived at 9:30 pm to relieve me.  I had to run back out in the rain to the car and needed the wipers on full blast to see to get back to our house. We are truly getting drenched.  Our drives are washed out and our patio is flooded. The people that bought Sofia, Tatiana's filly, sent an update they made it to their ranch in Texas and Sofia has settled in just fine.
Julie, the lady that bought Ayanna also posted pictures. Ayanna had a gorgeous colt by Evan this spring and he now left for his new home. Ayanna and Evan sure did throw beautiful foals.

Sometimes I think I must have the best job in the whole world. I really AM thankful.



No comments:

Post a Comment