Saturday, October 23, 2021

Carving Jack-O-Lanterns

 Mom had another good night. It started out a little rough but ended well.  Ruth and Karin were thrilled that mom had plenty of energy for some of the therapy they had planned. Mom is getting stronger.  We had a busy day here. Mackenson and Berlica came to help Mark with  grass seeding, log splitting, stacking firewood and gravel spreading. 


We met David and Stephanie at the Mexican restaurant for a late lunch.



At 4:00 pm I was at the fellowship hall to pick up the soup from the auction and by 5:00 pm back at mom's house to relieve Ruth.  At 5:40 pm Mark called that there was a horse out. Berlica stayed with mom while I ran over to see which one even though at the time I was sure it was Rockaway. Sure enough he had pushed down the top rail, jumped over and was happily grazing in the yard. It took about 5 minutes to put him back in and tie up the rail he knocked down. Tomorrow a more permanent fix will be applied. I ran back to mom's but got a text from that people from Texas were going to be here at 6:00 pm to pick up Sofia (Tatiana's filly) and another text from Onyx's owner they would be arriving around 6:00 pm. Below The trailer with Sofia is pulling out as the trailer for Onyx is pulling in.  
That worked out well as mom and Berlica were watching a documentary on the big screen tv on a volcano. Berlica had mom's phone to call me if there was a problem but in the 23 minutes I was gone all was well. Sarah Reinhard arrived with Lucy and pumpkins for carving.  
If you would like to see the rest of those pictures click HERE.
They turned out well.
An absolutely WONDERFUL update came in from the lady that bought Hadassah's filly. I was a little worried about this filly, she just didn't like me to put the halter on and was kind of stand offish. I was SO happy to read this update:  It has only been a few days, but I thought I would send an update on Dee. As you can see, the standofish baby who was not a fan of the Halter is doing quite amazing! On the first day she decided that my hands are delicious and must be licked, the halter takes us places where we can play, and mom must be monitored at all times by being in her business ALL THE TIME!
She loves a good face scratch, ear massage, and whither rub. She must eat all the delicious grain only if it is on the floor after flipping the bucket. The little blonde is just a smaller version of mom, so she is okay.
She leads like a dream. Puts her nose on the halter when I come in. Tonight I got my first big hug with arms all around her neck. She rubs her face on me as much as she can.
She is so happy! She is such a dream, I still can’t believe she is mine. I have found almost instant peace. We don’t need to hear each other, we can just be present. She will quietly dream with me and we will travel this journey of life together.
Thank you for this amazing baby. She is so smart, observant, and gentle. I have heard great things about your horses, seems another great baby has made her way into
my heart.
Until the next update, have a great night!









No comments:

Post a Comment