Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Soup

 Before heading over to mom's this morning the weanlings were watered and fed but the stalls were not cleaned. I was suppose to take Joan's place at 7:00 am and when I got to mom's about  6:55 am Ruth was already there. We decided it would be good for 2 of us to be there this morning as today Ruth wanted to work on her standing. Diane came with a blueberry banana smoothie.  Mom had a very busy morning with breakfast, bath, therapy, lunch and finally a nap. She had a restless night again last night. Ruth called the hospice nurse to ask about giving her Ambien. That drug was prescribed and called into the the Kroger pharmacy. Since Ruth was there I left to make deposits at 2 different banks then take Mark's phone down to him at Meisters before heading to Kroger to pick up the prescription. That took a while, first it wasn't ready then it must be a controlled substance, the pharmacy needed my drivers license and it was just 4 pills!  Karin came this afternoon and had mom stand again. After that mom was more than ready for a nap. Once she was sound asleep I ran to the barn to work with the weanlings. I ended separating Sofia and Quiet Dreamer. Dreamer did not want me to touch her. She needs handling but was getting Sofia upset so Sofia was put in the stall across the aisle. Then with quiet words and slow movements finally Dreamer was standing for petting and enough that I was able to snap a lead rope on her halter, practice leading a bit and another tying lesson.  She is a pretty filly, but just doesn't want to be handled and that needs to change before she leaves for her new home.

The other 3 were fine. When I left they were all happily eating their grain, had full water buckets and fresh hay. Two big pots of creamy chicken and wild rice soup were made today. Two gallons were taken over to mom's for who ever wanted some and the rest was left cooling here. We had more rain today but late afternoon the sun came out. Diane came around 5:15 pm. We put mom back in the chair with the lift and when I left Diane was helping mom eat a bowl of soup. She was to text me when mom was ready to get back into bed.  Mark and I watched church on Facebook live. He isn't feeling well and I needed to be on call. Joan took Aunt Jinnie to church

No comments:

Post a Comment