Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Lessons

 As Tatiana and her filly are stalled I needed to be up there early feeding, watering and cleaning the stall. The stallions were also fed before heading over to mom's. Joan was just leaving as we were arriving and told us about the night. Mom was up quite a bit restless. Ruth had already arrived to stay with her. Diane and I just did one round as today is Berean day and I needed to pick up Aunt Jinnie at 8:15 am.  IF you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. While there Skip told us about the service at the Peoria County Jail. I video taped just a bit about the story but there is a warning on the story it does have one bad word in it. 

After our morning there we drove to the Hanna City post office. Aunt Jinnie opened both of the doors going into the building each time I carried in a box and I carried in 4 full boxes of Bibles plus a handful of letters. I was thankful for her help. Aunt Jinnie was dropped off and I went in as Spark and Karin were also there eating lunch. Karin and  Ruth had used the Hoyer lift to put mom in the chair today.  Ruth had to leave to take Fedi to his doctor appointment and Amy arrived to help Karin.  I left to go put a halter on Tatiana's filly so she and Tatiana could be de-wormed. Tatiana with Panacur and her filly with Quest plus. She then got a tying lesson and a leading lesson. She did not remember her tying lessons from before she left here so it took longer than usual. Below are a few pictures AFTER finishing those lessons.


I went back to mom's as the aide arrived and I wanted to help her with mom. After she left and mom was sound asleep Mark got home so I asked him to help move a couple bales in. Valiant needed a new bale as did the middle paddock. The 5 weanlings were in the pond pasture and called up for their grain. They are doing well with eating the grain. Lola's colt needs to be de-wormed again. I think he may have spit his out when I was doing the others. He just doesn't look as good as the other 4. Before heading inside to make dinner Tatiana's filly was handled again and tied up again and this time she remembers. She is coming forward when I ask and also backing when asked but all of this is being done in the stall. Mark and Mackenson were working in the new barn smoothing out the ground. When they came in shrimp stir fry was cooked for supper. After supper Mark's new pants needed mending. The cuffs on both pairs were coming down. When those were done I ran back up to the barn to do the nightly feed and again handled the filly. She is doing so well. I need to head over to mom's soon as tonight is my night to stay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment