Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Preparing For Winter

We awoke to cold that hung around all day. I think the high was only 37 degrees. It was quite brisk on our walk.  We only did one round as today is Berean day.  IF you would like to read about our time there click HEREThe studies needed to be taken directly to Meisters as Amanda or Crystal take them to their mother who lives in Roanoke and Roanoke AC church took all of this weeks studies to grade. From there I went to Diane's office to 'help' her balance the Horsemeister checkbook.  I say 'help' as she does all the work now, I just have to be there to answer questions. Diane found it goes much fast that way.  Mark Kieser brought a special dessert for the Berean workers that Cathy made and it was so delicious all the left overs were left at Diane's office. I sure didn't want to take them home, Mark and I don't need to be tempted. When I finally arrived home I had about an hour to download pictures from the camera before making dinner. The two below were taken Sunday afternoon.

After a quick supper we went outside in the cold to start preparing for winter. Mike came to plug in all the automatic waterers as it is supposed to be 32 degrees tomorrow morning. Mark worked on winterizing the camper. I moved a bale into the middle paddock for Ayanna and Hadassah then grained all the horses for the evening feed.  Tomorrow Evan's paddock will need a bale. He was begging for attention tonight.
Valiant was way out back grazing near the playground and didn't come running while we were up working. Ayanna came up though hoping for a treat.
She is not bagged up yet but isn't due until Nov 26th. By the time we came inside we were cold and tired. To tired to build a fire so the electric heater was turned on. Mark is already in bed and I will be heading there as soon as this is finished.




No comments:

Post a Comment