Thursday, October 3, 2019

Lining UP the Trip

As we will be heading to Gulf Shores on Sunday Diane and I are lining up this business trip to include some R & R. We will be staying in Gulf Shores for about a week. There are 2 farms I hope to visit, one in Foley, Alabama and one in Pensacola, Florida. Both stand 2 or more stallions, and both have some beautiful mares for sale. Both of these farms could use a Friesian brood mare and we just happen to have some beautiful choices. Isla is a great choice as she is already a year old, a registered Warlander (Friesian x Andalusian) and will be tall.
She has great movement and inherited that mega hair both Andalusian's and Friesians are known for.  Isla is also very well behaved. She leads, loads and stands tied. Isla is for sale for $5000.00. The other option is Tatiana's filly by Valiant. She was born July 22nd, 2019 and can't leave until she is weaned in December.  She will be registered and dna'd with Friesian Heritage Horse International as soon as we get her named.
 
This filly has perfect conformation, long elegant neck, short back and LOTS of HAIR! She should easily end up at 16 hands and is for sale for $8000.00 She is as sweet as she is beautiful and is really going to make someone happy
We had a huge change in the weather, yesterday in the high 80s and today barely making it to the 60s. It was perfect soup making weather so this afternoon I made a big pot of cheeseburger soup. We had it for supper then I froze over 8 quarts.  Mark changed the oil in his car while I worked on trying to fix the washer up at the apartment. I finally gave up and called Phil and Anna. They will look at it at a later date. We have guests coming in for Saturday night. If they need to do laundry they can do it here at the house.  
We had 20 square bales delivered this evening. Last March I paid $9.00 a bale to get 20 bales delivered to the IL state fairgrounds in Springfield, IL for the IL Horse Fair but the hay was so bad I sent it back and told him to bring me 20 good bales at a later time here in Hanna City. What I forgot to tell him is that I PAID for for 2nd or 3rd cutting fine stemmed hay and what he brought was 1st cutting alfalfa. Big heavy bales but of course first cutting is not fine stemmed and our horses don't LIKE thick stemmed hay even if it is alfalfa.  UGH! Never ever would I pay $9.00 for first cutting. Oh well I just won't buy from this farmer again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment