Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Drop Off Pick UP

On the walk today I asked Joan if she would help get a mare covered as the mare didn't want to stand well. She and Heather were willing to help with that. After the walk today I decided to take Oksana out to Middle Grove and pick up Ayanna who is due to foal Nov 26th. She usually goes a little early and I wanted her here at least a month before she delivers.  The trip out went well except when I got there Anna called to remind me that I was suppose to get Kensley in 5 minutes off the bus. Thankfully Joan was home and answered her phone quickly drove over and made it before the bus arrived.  I MUST remember to look at the calendar before leaving each day!  Oksana was glad to be back out there.
As soon as she was out of the trailer she took off to find the herd. That gave me a good idea which way to go and saved me walking up the hill then back down. Instead I was able to drive the truck and trailer to the big field.
The herd was spread out grazing which meant a hike but also gave me time to check each horse over.  Skye was the first one to see me and come.
 She is looking more and more beautiful and it will be exciting to see what she produces when bred to Evan. Jewel and Sangria had been down by the lake and when they came walking up they both had birds on their backs. 

Ayanna was across the dam, she is obviously still pregnant so she was haltered and we started the long hike back to the trailer.
 I had to stop and take a picture of Tatiana and her filly heading down to drink.

 Below is Madiera and her double mane. Madiera is the mother of Isla and Joshua. 
Isla is gorgeous and inherited that beautiful mega mane.
She is also very tall for her age, just over a year old and already 15 hands. Isla is still for sale for $5000.00 but...as I was telling someone today we are not willing to take less for her, we can keep her and breed her to Evan and each day that looks better and better. If you were thinking of buying her don't wait until we change our mind on selling her, she really is as beautiful inside and she is on the outside. Her brother Joshua also has the mega mane and tail. He is also black which is much desired in a Warlander. He is for sale for $5000.00 and will surely be a superstar with his black shiny coat, his thick long hair and his big movement. 
As I was taking Ayanna to the trailer, Indy came up to see where her buddy was going.  She and Ayanna grew up together, are half sisters born the same year and we call them the fatties. 
 If interested in seeing the rest of the pictures from the trip to Middle Grove click HERE.  When I got back Ayanna was put in with Jenis and Hadassah, the trailer backed up where it belongs then Lotus and Cinnamon brought into a stall and given a good groom. Both had rolled in the mud. It had just started to rain so I was glad I brought them in before the rain hit. The stalls were bedded with fresh pellets, they were both given hay, grain and fresh water then I headed back to the house for a late lunch.  Martha, the owner of Lotus and Cinnamon arrived at 3:00 pm. With Martha's help we got Lotus covered by Evan then loaded her. Cinnamon was next to load. After they were on the way the stalls were cleaned one ,more time and I headed in to make supper. Tonight we had cheeseburger soup. That had been frozen earlier and just needed to be defrosted and heated up. While we were waiting for that Mark had some tuna salad on crackers.  Tonight was church. Tim Funk had the message on Isaiah 40 and then Revelation 21, both favorites. 


No comments:

Post a Comment