Saturday, September 19, 2015

Busy Saturday

Emily took Olivia to Sandridge for a trail ride this morning with the 2003 truck and the stock trailer.
Mark and I drove in to the shop to clean up a bit, the insurance man was coming for an inspection. On the way home we stopped at Phil and Anna's new house and picked up the girls so they could 'help' grandpa. The first job on the list was to pour the dye into the pond. Mark, Braelyn and Taegan went to the middle of the pond for this job.
That job went smooth until Mark handed the container to Braelyn and had her hold it for the boat ride back to shore. Braelyn shook the container spreading blue dye all over herself and the boat. Mark sent her into the house for me to clean her up and oh my what a job that was.
Believe it or not the picture above is AFTER she had been scrubbed down. There was dye all over the floor, all over her legs, clothes and when I gave up there was dye on my face and in my hair. I wonder if the blue will make my gray hair shine tomorrow? The next job was to load fire wood into the trailer and haul it up to the apartment. Braelyn found my bale knife on the golf cart. She was fascinated with how big it was.




They were good help with this job. After that it was time to go play at the playground.

 Kensley saw Emma sitting down and walked over, plopped down and made herself comfortable. It was after she turned around that I saw her face. Hmmm I wonder if she was eating sand?

 Her face got cleaned right about then.
We headed home around 3:30 pm, Kensley and Taegan needed a nap and supper needed to be started. Nolan and Sarah were helping Phil and Anna with the house today and they all came to supper. Emily arrived from the trail ride reporting that Olivia did wonderful for her second ride. She was relaxed and very well behaved. Unfortunately Emily reported the service engine light went on in the truck on the way back and it sounds like the engine is not running correctly. I'll have to see if I can get it in to Meister's tomorrow for Jake to look at. Hope it is an easy fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment