Saturday, December 7, 2013

Update from Cortney

I love this horse! She has the softest hair I have ever felt. She has the sweetest disposition of any horse I have ever met. Sometimes I have to tear myself away from wanting to hug her all day. I love watching her in the snow, but she loves to come running back to me for scratches! Only God knows grateful I am for her! Fathom!
For those of you who don't know Fathom first name was Helen. We named her Helen after Helen Keller  because she was born with cataracts and completely blind. We took her to UofI in hopes they could do cataract surgery but she was not a candidate for it, according to the Equine Ophthalmologist at UofI she had no sight at all and we should put her down. We opted for life! She has never known sight but her other senses are so well developed this filly never ran into a fence, tree, gate, or hole. She lived her first year with her mom Lily and the rest of the herd out on 200 acres needing to traverse pretty rough country in order to graze and drink. Fathom is very smart and very loving and Cortney was willing to take a chance on a blind mare. THANK YOU CORTNEY 

No comments:

Post a Comment