Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Day Late and Dollar Short

It was just a very busy day yesterday and by the time we arrived home from church late last night I went right to bed. Yesterday started out warm but wet, it was misting on us during the walk so we stopped after one round. Sam's Club was the first stop for me today where I bought the ingredients to make a big pot of chicken and rice soup along with a gift for Rebekah's baby shower coming up on Saturday. The dollar short part came when it was time to put money in the Salvation Army Kettle. I really need to start carrying cash!
Once home the vegetables were chopped the chicken de-boned and the soup started. This was stone soup without the stone. I just kept adding ingredients but by the time it was done it was delicious. I had a bowl before heading to work. Rhoda and Emily were out working horses and by the time they were done every horse on the property was worked except Emma. Emily rode Hadassah walk and trot and reported she did great, she is very balanced and has a wonderful head set. This is probably because of all Karin's work during the summer. I wish I could have gotten some pictures of that.  Rhoda spent some time working with Rosalie, when I walked into the arena to tell them the soup was done Rosalie was following Rhoda around the arena off leash. Emily was working with Killian in the outdoor arena at the same time so a trip was taken out there to watch Killian at work and tell Emily about the soup.
My next stop was to Logo Wear in Metamora where the HorsemeisterT-shirts and sweat shirts were waiting to be picked up. They were loaded into the car and then it was time to go straight down to work to start reading and entering the huge pile of letters we didn't get to on Tuesday. Today I need to finish processing the letters then when the labels are all printed out start on Bibles. The post office would like us to have them there before noon and today I have no help so if anyone wants to come donate some time I would be thrilled for the help.  Diane has to baby sit 3 of her grandchildren, Emily and Rhoda have school, Sarah is teaching and I can't even ask mom to help, she quilts at the church on Thursdays. Anyway I'll be down at Meisters as soon as the farrier finishes up here. He is suppose to arrive around 8:30 and only has 2 horses to do.
OH yes, the other news is one of Emma's hopefully just conceived puppies are spoken for. Amy Koch is bringing a lady out to meet the dogs on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment