Thursday, December 26, 2013

That Winning Feeling

We had a wonderful Christmas day yesterday first with our church family and later with our physical family. Mom cooked a delicious prime rib for dinner. That was served with Karin's spinach dip, piping hot sweet potatoes, green beans, salad, crescent rolls and pumpkin or pecan pie for dessert.
This morning it was time to get back to reality and head to work where the letters we didn't get done on Tuesday needed to be processed. There was a pile of around 100 but only 73 were Bible requests. Knowing we didn't have that many wrapped Bibles left I was sure I would run out and spend the afternoon wrapping but... I had exactly 73 wrapped Bibles. That is like winning the lottery. At least I think it must feel like that, I've never played. After the trip to the post office I tried to pay mom's business license for her condo in Gulf Shores. She got a notice that it is due for 2014 but the paper gives instructions that the owner must go online to fill out the forms and only then will one knows what is due. Sounds simple enough but the website given comes up with the notice it has been disabled. Hmm wonder if that has something to do with the insurance scam the government is trying to pull on the American people. Poor Ruth was so sure it was going to be a good thing for her family until she read the fine print. Her payment was about $750.00 a month, not too bad but then the yearly deductible was $12,000.00 and that was not a misprint. Every single option she tried was that or worse.
The weather is warming up so maybe tomorrow or Saturday Rhoda would be willing to go to Middle Grove with me to ride Jewel. We have someone very interested in her filly but would like to see a video of her.
Makes me question why I didn't take one before sending her out to Middle Grove. I guess it just slipped my mind. Sissy needs to be checked and brought back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment