Sunday, March 7, 2010

Time to go Home

Up at 5:30am, off to the fair to feed, turnout, clean stalls and water and then the fun began. So many people had to come talk to us about Friesians and now so many people are wanting dvds of the performances. I was so proud of the girls, the vaulters, the horses, the foals, and the parents that my heart was like the grinch's heart at the end of the book and too big for my chest. I don't think I could be prouder of what this group of people put together. Someone mentioned that those people we used to look at and say wow, those people are now us! How very blessed we have been and we will give GOD ALL the credit. Our horses are all gifts from Him and really only loaned to us, we must never forget this.
With many hands we were all loaded and on the road by 5:00pm but everyone was so hungry. No one took time for lunch today. We stopped in Lincoln at the Steak and Shake for dinner and the amount of food ordered was pretty phenomenal! A couple of the kids ordered 2 meals each then all of us needed a shake for the road. Still for 9 people the bill came to $81.00, not too bad. I went up to pay and the checkout lady hands me 2 bags which I assumed were the shakes for the road. Once back at the table I opened up the bags and there were 5 empty coke glasses in them. At first I thought I took someones order, then I thought, they forgot to put the ice cream in the cups and finally Sarah told us, that with every $15.00 spent a coke glass is free. That started the laughter. We made it to the farm, unloaded in the mud and headed home. The truck and trailer are parked in the Bridlewood driveway until tomorrow morning so the truck can be backed in the daylight without getting stuck in the yard.
What a SUCCESSFUL trip, so many people to thank for all their hard work. But for the success, no injuries, just being able to do this we say, "THANK YOU LORD!"

1 comment:

  1. For Sure Judy!! Was so much fun! It is so neat how because of your talent all these people could show and enjoy these horses. BIG THANKS!

    ReplyDelete