Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rain

Gary and Nancy Schmidgall met us at the Original Oyster House for dinner last night. Talk about delicious, even Eva Jean who doesn't like fish ate every bite. Eva Jean and Marilyn paid for our bill and thinking over I think we forgot to thank them. We had a wonderful time over dinner and once over went shopping at souvenir city. Marilyn bought some shirts, Eva Jean a key chain and I bought a pair of sandals. Now I can walk on the beach without having to wear my tennis shoes. This way I can show off my toes from the pedicure. Funny story when mom finally noticed my toes, she tells me that my toenails are too long and need to be clipped not realizing the white part was painted on. Once back at the condo we had cake and ice cream for dessert. The laughing and conversation was so loud I was glad the neighbors had left for the evening. The Schmidgalls left for the State Park around 8:30pm after Gary fixed a few of our most needed problems promising to bring his tools in the morning.
We woke up this morning to rain on the porch at 5:30am and decided no walking in the rain. Mom and I had our coffee in bed while reading so we didn't wake up the other 2 ladies.
Around 7:00am everyone was up and we had fun visiting until breakfast which was served at 8:30am. We sat over breakfast until 9:30 when Marilyn realized the Schmidgalls were to be arriving at 10:00am for shopping and jumped up to get dressed. Nancy took the ladies to the big shopping malls in Foley while Gary tightened our toilet down with his wrench.
Mom wants to go out fishing as soon as it warms up a little. The sun is not suppose to break through the clouds until this afternoon. We have plans to drive back into Foley for dinner at Lamberts tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment