Sunday, July 19, 2009

We Did IT!

It took a large family to help, but lunch went GREAT. We were busy making the chicken salad sandwiches and cutting ham and cheese until close to the time to put them on the trays. Lots of people offered to help and I took each one up on their offer. Thank goodness for family and friends. Amy even came from Tremont, IL to help. When all was finished, Diane told me she will help me with the ordering next time, to save everyone from working so hard! There really was too much of just about everything. I guess I should have either served chicken salad OR ham and cheese but not both. The help was glad though, as there was plenty to share. We took one large box of donuts down to the South Side Mission, another large box went home with Rachel for who ever shows up at the lake tonight for volley ball and we ended up with almost 3 dozen at our house. We had plenty of left over chicken salad so I felt free to give that away also. With what we brought home, Rhoda will take 4 pounds to work tomorrow and Mark will take that and donuts down to Meister Brothers. I had an entire ham left over along with almost 2 bricks of cheese so that was put in the freezer and will be served at the picnic next Sunday at the lake. All in all it was a great day.
Mike is going to get the saddlebred mare checked and covered by Raven if she is still in so I don't have to drive out to the farm. We lost electricity this morning so have no internet at home, I had to drive to the shop to write this, hope it gets fixed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment