Friday, July 3, 2009

Lily's New Home

This morning Lily got fed by mom around 6:00am. Mom knew I would not make it very early, because of getting breakfast for my company so she offered when she took Heidi, her dog for a run. Mom called while I was out graining Ylse and Jenis and told me that Lily wanted out of the stall. I think she had decided that a month was ENOUGH and she wanted OUT. Steven drove out to the farm and moved her into the small paddock, he gave her 2 bales of hay and she seems content. Ciera is having a ball being out of the stall. She keeps bounding in and out. Steven also got Sanna and Samantha's paddock cleaned while he was there waiting for the vaulting to get started. He is their lunger for the Northern, IL horse fest so has been helping Karin out for practices also. Vaulting practice went well, the kids have a performance on Sunday at the farm for the reunion. We are heading out to the lake for dinner, Diane is providing dinner for everyone tonight, I'm providing breakfast in the morning and I don't know who is providing the rest of the meals for the weekend, Diane has it all arranged, I just know tomorrow morning is my meal to provide. I went to Sams today and picked up 100 biscuits, 75 cinnamon sweet rolls with cream cheese icing, 8 pounds of strawberries, 2 quarts of blue berries, 3 pounds of red grapes, 8 pounds of bacon, 8 pounds of precooked sausage patties, and 3 gallons of orange juice. Earlier I bought 2 pounds of butter, jam, and Dan gave me a bucket of 250 scrambled eggs. I don't think I'll need all the eggs but will cook all or most as I don't think they will keep. I just finished frying up all the bacon and that is now in the fridge ready for tomorrow. I still need to figure out how to get all the food to the lake by 8:30am and still all hot. Spark called and asked if I would bring my video camera, will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment