Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday

The girls were waiting for their grain this morning and with Sanna gone to the farm, Apelles, formally known as Joy, was able to have her own bucket. Apelles was so funny yesterday, I was filling the water tank and she kept coming and playing in the water. I sprayed her off and she would back right into the spray. If I would stop right back she would come for more. Yesterday she got a tying lesson, put on the cross ties and led around the barn. She was respectful, a little nervous leaving the mares but walked right with me. She didn't forget her leading lesson a couple of weeks ago. She stood very well for fly spray.
I drove to the farm around 7:00this morning to take care of Sanna and clean her stall. As I pull in the farm driveway 2 fawns are in the way. They see me and bound off into the woods, they were so cute, they still had their spots. Sanna's filly is doing wonderful. Diane thinks we should call the filly Wanda as she wandered away from her mother at birth. Lily was waiting for her belly band to be removed and she loves to be scratched after it is off. She is so funny with her reactions to the scratching. Once the mares at the farm were done and Raven was grained I headed over to mom's, they were all just sitting down for breakfast so I joined them. Then over to the cabin to look at Valor. He got kicked a few days ago and Mike has been caring for him but Mike called last night to tell me he thinks some proud flesh is appearing. I washed the wound down well and sprayed it with wonder dust. If this doesn't take care of it I will buy some granulex spray, that always works. Once home the truck and trailer were put away and the laundry started.
This afternoon, Dr. Hoerr called to remind me that he will be collecting Raven this coming week. He thought either Monday or Tuesday but will let me know when the time gets closer. The kids left for the Herman Barn, I think they are all still in shock about BJ Elsasser, as are we, and need to be with others their own age.

No comments:

Post a Comment