Sunday, July 26, 2009

New Raven Son


This morning just as I was pulling up to the farm to take care of Sanna and Wanda, my phone goes off and it is Rachel Sauder. Her mare Sandy, a palomino, gave birth during the night to a beautiful pitch black colt. She has already named him Raven's Shadow. I threw Sanna some hay and drove over to Rachel's. That colt looks exactly like a purebred Friesian, very long upright neck, long, long legs and fantastic body. Raven has again outdone himself, he really does throw himself. As we were imprinting the foal and putting iodine on his cord he fell asleep. He was enjoying all the attention. I'm hoping Rachel will email me some pictures of him for our website. After all she IS a photographer. Got the pictures tonight, isn't he FANTASTIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment