Monday, July 20, 2009

Breakfast and Joy


We woke up way to early this morning, yesterday we lost all of our electricity and Internet which caused all of our clocks to start blinking 12:00, 12:00, 12:00. So last night when we went up to bed we needed to set the alarm clock but neither Mark or I knew what time it was. I guessed it was late, it felt late, so I changed the clock to 11:00pm. Well Darcy runs into our bedroom at what the alarm clock said is 6:40am so I think wow, it must be later than it feels, come down stairs and it is not even 6:00am. And I was going to sleep in!
The mares were called in with the last of my grain then I took off for the farm to meet the walkers. This morning Ruth, Karin, Diane, Rachel, Joan, mom and I started around 7:15am. Joan told us all about her trip to Alabama and Indiana, it sounds like they had a wonderful time. Her son Gabriel told her "I never know where I am when I wake up." They did a lot of the driving at night so while the kids slept the miles flew by. This is our last full week with Joan and Tim, they leave for Haiti on Thursday next week. After our walk, mom made breakfast for everyone, mmmmm fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee, farm fresh eggs, sausage, bacon, toast and left over donuts from Sunday. It is hard to get to work after the great breakfast and even better conversation. Karin helped get Lily's bellyband back on. She for sure has herniated and must wear the bandage for at least another month. We let her graze while Ciera ran around showing off her buckin bronco moves (not too impressive) but her trot, now that's another story!
Ruth and Fede showed me the condo they are working on, wow have they done a lot of work, the appraisal is scheduled for Thursday but it is not quite finished. Fede is going to bring in the wrought iron railing to show how it will look. The condo is amazing. Fede took out the circular stair case to the loft bedroom, made it a straight stair case put in a large closet underneath the stairs with washer dryer hookups. It looks so nice I think they should keep it and just rent it out.
TSC was next on the list, those mares want their grain each morning and today they only got half rations. The lady that bought Ruth's Raven daughter called and wants to board her at Bridlewood for 8 months while she is out of the country. I agreed to do this so will move her over this week. I'm actually glad to do this, she is a fantastic example of what Raven throws so I will have plenty of time to get new pictures and videos up of her. The picture posted was taken when Joy was 6 months old. She is even more beautiful now that she is 10 months old. The Bridlewood kids will LOVE playing with her.
On another note, Holly Hinton called, her mare is in foal. What a GREAT job Raven does. He only has one job to do, he loves his job and does it so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment