Thursday, July 30, 2009

Jenis & Wedding Arrangments

Mike got a call early this morning from a neighbor at the Middle Grove farm that one of the horses was out. Sure enough one of the mares somehow ended on the wrong side of the fence. This would be ok except her colt was on the other side. At least she didn't wander with her foal still inside the pasture. This morning we said goodbye to Joan, Tim and their family. They are leaving to head back to Haiti. Two months home for them is just way to short. I grained Raven before heading to mom's, then after the walk, loaded up the truck and trailer and took Jenis to Dr. Hoerr for her sonagram. We need to know where she is in her season and it looks like we missed it by about a week so Dr. Hoerr gave her a shot to short cycle her. Dr. Hoerr was very impressed with her colt, not just how he looks but how well behaved he is. I picked up 3 foal shots from him to give Sanna's filly, Sandy's colt, and Ylse's filly. Dr. Hoerr will come look at Lily when he gets back from the cross country endurance ride he is vetting for the next 9 days. I'm praying for a miracle for her. I just don't have the money for more surgery but if her hernia isn't fixed and she is pregnant and tries to deliver she could die. What a mess. We believe she is probably pregnant as she has not come back in season. She was bred on her foal heat, then colicked a month later. I had to place her filly for sale to help pay for her surgery to save her life. I'm praying there will be another way, I really wanted to keep Ciera but keep telling myself, they ALL belong to God and what ever He wants for Ciera is what I want also.
Rachel Sauder helped me give the 3 foal shots. One of them was for her foal so when she offered to help me with mine I was thrilled. Ylse's filly was easy, Sanna's filly needs to be handled more, she did not like the shot and let us know by almost sitting down. Rachel's colt was great. They are doing a good job with handling him often. He is such a show-off. After his shot they let him out in the yard with his dam and he ran around strutting. Raven all over again! Rachel took some action shots of him, I hope she emails me some, he is such good advertisement for Raven. To be able to show what her mare, a palomino, throws when bred to Raven is just plain exciting. Gary Unsicker was cutting our hay when I drove up to the farm with Jenis and Valiant. Rain is predicted but we cannot wait any longer, the weeds will go to seed. I need everyone to pray for some dry weather with abundant sunshine. We still need to buy 100 round bales for the winter and the first cutting hay at Middle Grove got rained on.
I filled the truck up with gas on the way home, as I may be driving over to Morton, IL to pick up a mare for breeding if she is in season. Dr. Hoerr will call me if I need to go. I still need to get to TSC to pick up grain for Raven.
On another note, we are posting an invitation at church for David and Stephanie's wedding. All are invited but Stephanie's mom, Martha Kay would like people to sign up if they are coming so she has an idea for the food. I think this is a GREAT idea. The mail came and the truck insurance is due, the Discover card with Lily's last vet bill is due and I owe another payment on the skid steer. Sure hope I sell SOMETHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment