Thursday, February 29, 2024

TopGolf SURPRISE!

 I was up at 5:00 am and got the kitchen and bathroom cleaned and even got those floor scrubbed before we needed to leave. As Mark had a Trane class in Chesterfield, MO that started at 10:00 am we left our house at 6:30 am. I drove so Mark could do business on the phone on the trip. We made it down a few minutes early so filled up the gas tank on the Prius. That only took 6 gallons. We filled the gas tank last night before leaving at $3.59 a gallon  for the 6 gallons it cost $21.54 not bad for that one way trip. I snapped the picture below of our first view of the arch. 

The class was held at Topgolf and that place was interesting. Below is a picture of the facility taken off of their website. Do you see the net at the top far right of the picture? 
That is a huge yard out the back of the building surrounded with that very tall net and holes all over with even a couple sand pits. I had to stop and take a picture of it.
The meeting room was held upstairs right next to that field. The class started right on time.
They stopped at noon for lunch and had a make your own taco bar right in that room. Below is Mark's plate.
After lunch I went out to watch an older man hitting a golf ball into the field.
The lunch break was short and as soon as people were done eating the class started back up. Most of the class was not that interesting for me but the lady teaching marketing was.
I learned some tips, who knows it might even help me sell some horses. After the class ended the entire class was welcomed to stay and play golf. The Trane company had purchased passes for all of us to play but both Mark and I were not willing to stay for that. We still had a 3 and a half hour trip home. We were only about half way home when Mike sent a text with the picture below. He was checking his trail camera's and saw a newborn foal and wanted to know WHO IS THIS?
It is LILY and her 19th foal born today at Middle Grove. Thankfully the extreme cold is passed. Lily was not due until March 20th. This foal is 3 weeks early but looks healthy from what we can tell by the picture. He or she is sticking close to mom. There is no way I could get to Middle Grove before dark. I'm just praying this foal is nursing well and the herd helps Lily protect her foal from predators tonight. Yesterday I asked Mark if he would help me on Friday to bring Lily home. Now instead of bringing Lily home I'm praying we can bring Lily and her foal home tomorrow morning. No way to tell if this foal is a colt or a filly. I'm going to have an early night tonight 7 hours of driving and even though it wasn't hard labor I'm exhausted. 















No comments:

Post a Comment