Tuesday, February 20, 2024

History

 As today was Berean day and Ruth was going to be a little late we did not walk but met at mom's at 8:00 am. Ruth, mom and I left at 8:15 am for the Berean office and had a wonderful time working with those wonderful volunteers. If you would like to read about our morning at the Berean office click HERE. When we got home around 11:45 Mark was busy spreading gravel around the barn. 

He would dump a bit them back up while using the bucket to flatten it into the ground.
I went to the stall barn and was surprised to see how much snow is still on the ground on the North side of the barn. 
I just got one stall cleaned today.
I need to buy a pallet load of bedding to start preparing for foaling season. I can use some of the 2 year old hay bales for bedding as we have no straw and haven't seen any for sale this year. Lily is due March 20th but will almost certianly deliver early so I want the stalls ready by the first week of March and will get her then.  Fedi took the horse trailer to his place today to do some welding. As soon as that is finished I'll go to TSC to pick up the bedding and then Lily.
Below is a little bit of history of our family (my mom's brother) that was published in the 
New Jersey newspaper "The Record" 1970.
Since that article was written about my mom's brother of course I needed to write something about dad's side of the family.
During  some of our Meister family reunions we sang this song: 
I've got a beautiful family just take a look at our tree. There you will see the best story written in history. Jacob was one of our founders, though I don't know him at all. They say that he was a fine man and that he started us ALL. (there were more verses but I don't remember them)Today I saw an article about grandpa's mom.  Obituary of Mary Meister (wife of Jacob Meister) elder in the ACCN congregation in Harper, Kansas from 1906-1937) I'm not sure how old he was when he became the elder but if he was put in at 50 years of age he would have been born in 1856. Grandpa Meister was born in 1891. Grandpa would always warn us about leaving a baby outside in the sun, one of his siblings died when they were working out in the fields and the baby got too hot. I don't know how old grandpa was when it happened but he never forgot the trauma of his family going through that.











No comments:

Post a Comment