Monday, February 12, 2024

A Tank of Oxygen

 It was hard to roll out of bed this morning. I was almost late for the walk, I sat down on my reading chair to start reading around 5:45 am and was studying in Luke when I noticed it was light outside, then looked at my watch to find it was 7:27 am. We meet now at 7:30 so I had 3 minutes to change, grab a coat and jump on the golf cart. I arrived at 7:30 to find Diane already waiting. Ruth arrived right after, we walked to Joan's and on the way back to the playground Mark joined us then Mike and finally Berlica's cat. We had a lot to discuss and weren't in a hurry to quit. Breakfast wasn't cooked until 8:45 am. After breakfast we took the golf cart over to the barn and put the horse trailer back inside the barn. Hopefully Fedi can come soon so it can be repaired. Today I left the truck hooked up so if they need the gym they can just drive it out. The motorhome was closed up and unplugged then driven to the gas station to fill it with gas. It still had a quarter of a tank so I am still not sure how big the gas tank is on this vehicle. I may have to read the instruction book.

That was parked in the indoor arena. 
So funny that instead of horses inside we now have 5 campers, one motorhome, 2 tractors, a skid steer, a man lift and one truck parked inside along with the hay. Believe it or not there is STILL room but if we park anything else inside it would be hard to get the hay out to the horses. 
I could hear lots of heavy machinery being used when I got back to the house. Mark was busy cleaning up the burn pile while Mike was removing concrete from his second drive. Below is Mike's second drive. He has the concrete broken up and off to the right side of the picture, there is a large pile of clay he will use to fill in before adding gravel.
Mark's burn pile is almost finished. Just one small pile left.
That burn pile was at least 4 years old and really needed to be burned and now cleaned up.
My next job was to clean up the mud in the apartment. When we were selling the 2003 truck we needed to use the apartment and so much mud was dragged inside. From there I went to the barn to clean up from yesterday. I had mud on that floor too but it wasn't the guests that had dragged that in. I think it was Mark. By the time I was done mopping floors I was more than ready for a break. Mom, Diane, and Karin were all sitting out on mom's deck in the sunshine soaking up vitamin D so I joined them. We had a good visit while lounging out on the deck. The sun felt wonderful. Karin mentioned she found one of my coats and it was downstairs, Diane told me Karin was giving away some horse throws that would go well in the apartment. I was glad to go down and was so thankful to find my coat. That had been missing for months. After losing the last one this one had my name on it. I was really pleased with the throws. Karin was also giving away a throw weighted with sequins. The grand daughters are going to love playing with that so that was taken to the barn.
The picture doesn't show how sparkly it is so took a video too.
The throw below with the picture of a Friesian stallion was taken to the apartment along with one more horse throw.
When I got back to the house AC Central was turned on and Fred Witzig had given the afternoon message in Washington. Fred started with a story of a tank of oxygen and  his terror a few years back and then both readings, Nathan confronting David and the woman at the well fit right into that story. Amazing how that works. If you would like to watch that message (you will want to) click HERE











No comments:

Post a Comment