Thursday, February 8, 2024

New Motorhome

 I left just before 7:00 am, drove to Goodfield and picked up Dan for our trip to the far side of Indianapolis to look at a motorhome. We stopped once for gas about 70 miles from our destination. Gas is no cheaper in Indiana. We arrived just before noon. The motorhome was purchased new in 2017 and used very little. It has been sitting for almost 5 years but started right up. I checked over the inside while Dan checked first on the outside then started the motor and checked the codes. There were some red flags on what I found on the inside but sent pictures to Joan. None of that was a deal breaker but Dan found that the engine light was on and when he ran the codes he showed the owners. The mileage was only 3550. The generator which only has 36 hours on it would not start. Dan looked at that and thought it may be an easy fix of cleaning out the gas line of the old gas and getting a new spark plug. They told us they would not take any less for the price we had agreed on so I told Joan I was walking away from it and going to head home without the motorhome. The owners were told that at this point I would have to do some hard thinking and was going to drive the 275 miles home. Dan and I were no more than 2 minutes down the road when the husband sent Dan a text they would be willing to take less. I pulled over, called Joan and together we decided for the price they were willing to sell it we could afford to get those items fixed so drove back, made the deal and started the drive home. The good news is that the gas tank was full, the bad news is the gas is old but still the motorhome drove well. The wind was gusting so hard that on the interstate it was hard to keep the motorhome in the lane. Dan was driving that and I was following in the car and even the car was getting blown around. We made it to Goodfield to drop off Dan about 4:15 pm.

I left my car at his house and drove the motorhome back to ours. I was almost home when the storm hit with big fat drops of rain but by the time I made it to the barn the rain had stopped. I had just gotten in the house when the rain and hail hit.
I should have driven it right to the indoor arena and parked it inside. The hail didn't last long so hopefully all is well.  Dan got the same storm and sent the pictures below.


Below are a couple pictures of the motorhome's full wall slideout.

I was amazed at how much room there is when it is out. When the slideout is in and while driving the dinette and bathroom can still be used.

The bed can also be used for a couple kids to lay down and sleep while driving.
It is a queen size bed 80 inches long and 60 inches wide so even though the length can't be used two children could easily sleep when traveling, one on the folded part and one on the other. There is also a bunk above the cab which can sleep 2. There is seating for 6. The kitchen is small but has an extra counter space that folds down. 
That really does help with food prep. The original owners put in the upgraded fans in the ceiling. After getting home safe and sitting here thinking about the purchase I am pleased and there is no buyer remorse. 







No comments:

Post a Comment