Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Jammed Packed

Today was extremely busy but everything on my list got done.  Our walk was loud this morning with Diane home from Key West, me home from Texas, Ruth home from her out of town class, and Joan home from Bluffton. We all had so much to talk about and not enough time to get it all in.  Ruth had to drop out first as she had to get to work, then mom, then me as I had to get to the Berean office. If you would like to read about our busy day there click HERE. As soon as I got home and changed into my barn clothes Jenis was loaded up and off I drove to drop her off at Middle Grove and pick up Oksana. Jenis was so glad to get back and took off at a run to find the herd.
 The herd came running in all directions to meet her. That is Jenis in the middle.  
 Rosaleigh is pictured below. I think she is for sure looking pregnant. She was bred to Evan and is due June 22nd if I'm right.
 Below is a picture of our two Rosalie/Rosaleighs  They were both born in 2013 but Lily's daughter Rosalie is pushing 17 hands or more and the other Rosaleigh is probably only around 16.1. Rosalie will be brought home toward the end of this month with her sister Ayanna so both can be bred to Evan. 
 The wind was really blowing Galena's hair around. I still can't tell if she is pregnant or not.  I have to call Hoerr Vet clinic in the morning to get a coggins done on Tatiana's filly from 2019 as her owner is picking her up in a couple weeks and might bring Galena home to be checked at that time. 
 Oksana was led to the trailer but I turned around and snapped the picture below before we got to the hill.  
 If you would like to see the rest of the pictures from that trip to Middle Grove click HERE
Oksana was put in the middle paddock with Indy. 
Her udder is still pretty flat. She isn't due until March 20th and usually does not go early.  Indy, pictured below is due March 18th and she usually delivers just a few days early. Her udder is growing but she is still not waxing. 
 Once the horses were settled in and the trailer backed into place it was time for some house work. Specifically laundry and dishes then supper started. 


No comments:

Post a Comment