Friday, March 13, 2020

Indy's BOY!

I went back to clean up Indy stall around 10:30 pm and saw that she was sweating and dripping milk. I wrapped her tail then took the golf cart back to the house.
The camera's and the towels would be needed but as I was getting into the house I saw her lay down on the monitor and her water broke.  I grabbed everything took the golf cart back up and got there just in time to see the birth.
 One picture was snapped then I ran back out to get the straw to put under to try to soak up some of the birthing fluids to keep the baby dry. 

 The hooves in newborn foals are always soft and rubbery. 
 Indy had an easy labor and got up pretty quickly to start cleaning off her big colt.




The colt was born around 10:45 pm. He was cleaned off and the wet bedding taken out of the stall before leaving the barn.  I'll check on him in a couple hours to make sure he is up and nursing but he seems to be a big strong colt and I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment