Thursday, November 8, 2018

Update On a Raven Daughter

We got a wonderful update today from a lady that brought a draft mare named Belle down to breed  to Raven 7 years ago.  When their filly was born they named her Freyja and today they sent pictures and an update on this gorgeous Raven daughter.  Kres (Belle's owner) writes: Freyja is just fine and is a wonderful, big, beautiful horse. She is starting to gray up like her mother. Because I had a back problem for a couple of years, I am behind with her training, but I’m OK now and that will be in full force soon.

She is super friendly, no vices, and has had lots of ground work. She knows some verbal commands, and she is super smart. She has figured out when we are trying to teach something new, to try different things until we signal that’s what we want. So, she has learned how to learn, and thinks! How amazing is that?
 We take tons of photos of Freyja, and I have even painted a portrait of her (it got a blue ribbon at the county fair!).
We recently acquired a new horse, because Freyja is our youngest by 20 years, and sooner than later she would have been alone. The new one is a big, beautiful registered Paint. I may decide to breed her to one of your  Friesian stallions come spring.  Oh we will keep Freyja forever!! Here is a photo of her, and one of the painting at the fair. I will send more later, but I have to go out to feed-it’s already getting dark- aggh!! This is the day the new horse came, in June, so she is all perked up. She usually doesn’t have a halter on. She has a little white heart on her shoulder J.
Again, I’m sorry I’ve been out of touch.I hope you and all your family (humans, horses, and dogs!!) are wellJ.
Below is a picture of Freyja the day of her birth Friday June 22nd, 2012. 
We had a productive day here. Mark took my car to Big R this morning and picked up 600 pounds of grain along with a bunch of other supplies such as hydraulic fluid, oil, and tractor parts. While he was gone I moved the camper inside, got all the trucks and trailers lined up, put the van inside and moved the manure spreader.  The apartment was made ready for our guests coming in this afternoon. They let me know they would be here around 1:00 pm and I didn't realize until almost noon that the heat had been turned down to 50.  It was up to 68 degrees by the time they arrived.  I built a fire in the living room wood burner and kept that running all day. The house was toasty warm. Mom called after supper to see if anyone wanted to come over for games. Diane, Joan, Sarah, and I went over and the 5 of us had fun. We have snow coming in tonight so Mark's car was parked inside the barn tonight along with the van and tractor.  I probably should have unhooked the horse trailers and parked the trucks inside too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment