Friday, September 7, 2018

Hog Panels Savings

We awoke to rain but thankfully the rain took a short break while we walked. It was nice to be together after missing yesterday's walk.  We decided tonight would be a good night to meet at mom's for games. With this rain going on for the 3rd day straight we were all ready for socializing.  Right after the walk I left for Sam's Club where I was to meet Martha Kay who was bringing me Elisabet and Israel. I arrived 15 minutes early which gave me time to go in for a few groceries and Sam's had ribeye steak on sale for $6.38 a pound. I bought a bunch then sent a text to Diane, Karin and Joan that we would meet for supper at mom's before games. Everyone was glad to contribute to the meal so tonight we feasted.
Israel and Elisabet played here until 11:00 am. We got to meet Kensley's bus at 11:15 am and both Israel and Elisabet thought that was really cool waiting for the bus then watching Kensley get off. We went straight to the barn so they could play in the indoor while I cleaned stalls as it was still raining.  They found a nice big fat toad but lost it before I finished so I didn't get any pictures of their pet they put down and forgot where when they climbed up on the hay bales.
We went in for lunch then over to great grandma's house to play with the toys. We had fun watching the humming birds flitting around the feeder in the rain out great grandma's patio door.

 They soon went downstairs to play with all the wonderful toys great grandma has. When Kensley came up she remarked, "I have 3 grandma's, grandma Judy, grandma Gertie and great grandma. "



 The other item's mom has for grandchildren is lots of dress up clothes. Kensley loved putting on the capes and flying around the house. 
 Elisabet came up to play with the big dolly and mom's chair. I think mom got that chair when she was just 1 year old making that chair 85 years old. It is the perfect size for the little ones. 
 Anna came and picked up Kensley late afternoon, I was driving back to the house and saw the barn arena lights on and thought I must have left them on from this morning but when I got to the barn Rebekah and Karin were working horses indoors as it was STILL raining.

Really the only break from the rain we got today was during our walk.  Mike took the truck and stock trailer to TSC and picked up more hog panels and another pallet load of bedding.  Both were much needed. If we get a break in the rain tomorrow we will put the pallet forks back on and unload everything.  We use the hog panels to wrap the round bales in. This holds the bale together and we have much less waste of hay. The last ones I bought were probably purchased at least 3 years ago so they pay for themselves with the savings on hay.
We had a fantastic dinner at mom's with Joan, Sarah, Faith, Mackenson, Berlica, Karin, Diane, mom, Mark and I. After dinner Ruth and Rhonda both came over to join us for games.  We had a lot of laughs and a lot of fun. It really is good to be together. Diane took me right up to the barn to take care of Sheena for the last time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment