Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Yesterday's News

Ok I admit perhaps, just maybe I did too much yesterday. I could hardly roll out of bed this morning. Emily's grandpa wanted to do some work after riding the 4 wheeler all afternoon at the Middle Grove farm. He got the mower hooked up to the big tractor then we all got busy setting pavers.


We left the finishing touches for Mark. We still need to build the wall and make the curve. Later in the evening I heard some snapping and cracking of twigs, then Jewel comes crashing out of the woods to eat the greener grass on the other side.
 The next 2 pictures were taken from our front porch and they give evidence that fall is coming!

Jewel is due in 10 days so I went into the pasture to check her udder. She is not bagged up but I ended up stalling her anyway.  The next few pictures are the horses on the other side of the pond.


 While walking around the pond, almost with each step, I would hear a plop, plop, plop. There are so many bull frogs making this pond home. They serenade us to sleep each evening.

Emily worked at Middle Grove on fencing with Mike and Tim Reinhard. She brought the truck and trailer back. All fixed, the lights all work and the emergency brake system is fixed. I'll have to find out how much we owe Butch from Frenches and ask Mike to give him a Horsemeister check.

1 comment:

  1. ...the bottom photo looks like a baby alligator except its pupil is not vertical and I see the round spot on its cheek - it must be a leaf! Ha.

    Now I can see why Sebastian is so comfortable trail riding through the woodsy brush... he grew up that way as a youngster, I assume, as well?

    ReplyDelete